Please ensure your child arrives on time. This not only helps to promote good habits, but also avoid unnecessary distress. Late arrivals after the register has been taken are counted as an absence for the morning session.
Security at the Nursery is taken very seriously; the gates are locked at 15 minutes after registration. If you wish to collect, drop off or attend the Nursery outside of these times you MUST report to the main school office.
NN Nursery opening times
- Extended Day - Mon – Fri: 8:00 am - 5.30 pm
- Core Day- Mon – Fri: 9.15 am - 3.15 pm
CG Nursery opening times
- CG - 30 Hour Entitlement – 9:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday to Friday.
- CG5 - Universal Free Entitlement - 15 hours – 9:00 am to 12:00 pm Monday to Friday. With Additional Hours - 12:00pm to 3:00pm Monday to Friday
- CG1 – Universal Free Entitlement - 15 hours – 8:30 am to 12:15 pm Monday to Thursday.
- CG2 – Universal Free Entitlement - 15 hours – 8:30 am to 12:15 pm Monday to Thursday with Additional Hours 12:15pm to 15:15pm Wednesday and Thursday.
- CG3 – Universal Free Entitlement - 15 hours – 8:30 am to 12:15 pm Monday to Thursday with Additional Hours 12:15pm to 15:15pm Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
Parents are strongly discouraged from taking their children out of the CG Nursery during term time. The Headteacher can only authorise absence in exceptional circumstances. In such cases, parents should submit a Leave of Absence Request Form in advance.
No travel arrangements should be made until you have received notification that leave is granted. There is no right for a parent to appeal the decision.
Absences fall into two classifications, Authorised or Unauthorised, we are required to record attendance and the reasons for absences and report these to the local council and the DfE.
The outcome of your request for leave will be confirmed by letter, the letter will explain the classification that the absence will fall under. Should your child have frequent and persistant absences you may be asked to attend a meeting with the attendance officer or the head teacher to discuss how we can support your child's attendance at Nursery.
Understanding types of absence.
Recording absence has to be classified by the school, what Parents may think should be authorised may not always fall into that category. To keep Parents informed we will confirm your request for leave by letter confirming the classification as Authorised or Unauthorised. If a child is absent and a request for leave has not been submitted, the absence will be automatically classified as unauthorised.
The table below indicates what will be considered as authorised or unauthorised.
- Death of close relative/funeral: grandparent, uncle, aunt..
- To visit parent – mother or father, who can only be visited abroad*
- Medical treatment
- Close relative dangerously ill & primary carer has to take care of them.
- Family Holiday* equalling less than 10 sessions
1 Day can be Authorised for
- Wedding of a family member*
- Religious Holidays*
- Special Family Celebration e.g. graduation of a family member.*
- Missing a session or half day session to avoid traffic when travelling.
- Family Holiday where a request for leave has not been submitted in advance and attendance at the point of request is 94% or less.
- Family Holiday equalling more than 10 sessions.
- Birthday Celebration or treat.
*where a request for leave has been submitted in advance and attendance at the point of request is 95% or more.