Great News - Congratulations to Sharon, the Eco-Schools team and the whole school community on achieving our Silver Eco-Schools award.
- We have set up our Eco-Schools committee and are holding half termly meetings
- We have beenlearning about charity and thinking about toys we can donate.
- We have replaced plastic school bags with material 'tote bags'
We have been litter picking in the community
Bird watching and lots more fun activities and challenges
During such a busy time it has been an amazing effort by all. Well done everyone!
In 2020 despite all of the challenges College Green School and Services achieved the Bronze award by Eco-Schools. This is all thanks to the hard work and dedication of our staff, parents and students working together to make this possible.
- We recycled
- We planted Trees
- We litter picked
- We raised money for water aid
- Most of all we learned lots about our environment and how to look after our planet.
Well done everyone next we are aiming for Silver!
The children at College Green have been reusing old Wellington boots to plant flowers
The Big Birdwatch
We recently took part in the Big Birdwatch. Why not continue this in your own back garden? See below for the RSPB observation sheet
Eco-Schools Projects - Evaluation
We have formed an Eco-Schools Committee made up of staff, parents and pupils. Working together we plan our activities for the coming year.
Committee Meeting Dates -
20th January 2021
31st March 2021
19th May 2021
5th July 2021
Parent Suggestions : At College Green we value suggestions given by our parents and carers.
You said….We did!
1) The school should register with the Brent Environmental Network and to share this link with parents who may be interested.
2) The school should inform parents of a free sharing App, helping to reduce waste
- https://olioex.com/ - On OLIO, you’ll find millions of people giving away food & other household items to their neighbours, all for free.
3) It was suggested by a Parent and Eco-Schools committee member that we should stop using single use plastic school bags and instead replace them with a 'tote bag' to use for spare uniforms etc
- We designed a College Green tote bag, on sale now at the school to replace the plastic school bag.
4) Parent suggested we share usefull links
- See page below - we have put together a list of usefull links and recycling suggestions.
Why not set aside some time each week to focus on mindfulness, you can fit this easily into your daily lives through a number of activities and can also do this with your child.
- Have a ‘mindful’ snack by describing the smell, texture and taste of the food.
- Explore textures in nature, take a walk to collect several different objects and observe/describe how each feels.
- Find shapes in the sky by laying down together and choosing different objects to search for in the clouds.
- Listen to some music and see how many different instruments you can each hear.
- Do some planting together with your child.
Taking a Mindful Walk - brrrr it was cold!